Become A Swim Teacher With Us!
❓ Are you looking for flexible casual work?
❓ Are you looking to get back in the workforce or changing careers?
❓ Maybe your child swims with us and you think that swim teaching would be an awesome job!
❓ Are you passionate about the importance of swimming & water safety education?
What is Swim Teaching all about?
Making a difference, by giving people of all ages and abilities a skill for life, that could save a life.
Becoming a Swim Teacher is both fun and rewarding! You don’t need to be a champion swimmer; you just need to love what you are doing!
Did you know that drowning rates were 23% higher this Summer than the previous Summer! Helping children and adults to swim is teaching them a valuable skill for life.
Benefits of being a Belgravia Leisure Swim Teacher
- Regular training and professional development
- Access to World Wide Swim School
- Flexible work, with Part-Time and Casual positions
- State and National industry networking and support
- Access to use your home Centre’s facilities
Who can become a Swim Teacher?
We are always looking for high quality Swim Teachers. Anyone with the passion and patients for teaching a vital life skill should consider becoming a swimming teacher.
- Minimum age for entry to complete the course is 17 years.
- Candidates must hold a current HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation qualification and a current Working with Children Check (WWCC) prior to course commencement.
- Candidates are to have a reasonable level of health and fitness.
- No previous experience is needed
- You must be Australian or NZ Citizen or hold an appropriate VISA allowing you to undertake education.
What do you need to become a Swim Teacher?
- Swimming and Water Safety Teacher accreditation
- First Aid Certificate
- CPR Certificate
- Working with Children Check
- Police Check
Not qualified? We can help!
We have an exclusive opportunity for those looking to become a Swim Teacher!
Suitable candidates will be given the opportunity to complete their Swim Teacher qualifications and CPR course at $0 cost! Saving you over $250!
The Swim Teacher Course will equip you with the skills and knowledge required to deliver swimming lessons.
Your Swim Teacher qualification through Life Saving Victoria with give you:
- Free access to Life Saving Victoria CPR courses
- 50% discount on Life Saving Victoria First Aid courses
- Free Life Saving Victoria three year membership
- Access to industry resources and an easy to use re-registration portal
- Nationally recognised qualification
- Industry recognised license
In addition, we welcome you to complete your practical training onsite, to learn our program and develop into excellent employee candidates.
On the job training, including your Swim Teacher and CPR certification is currently available until 8th May for suitable candidates!
Contact the Aquatic Manager to express your interest no later than Monday 5th April 2021.
Our Aquatics Manager will give you a call to discuss the program and qualification requirements. Suitable candidates will progress to receive free training at one of the below dates and locations.
Training Dates & Locations
Pelican Park Recreation Centre (Hastings)
Saturday 11th April - 9am-5pm
Knox Leisureworks (Boronia)
Saturday 17th April - 9am-5pm
Sunday 18th April - 9am-5pm
Saturday 8th May - 9am-5pm